Although we are required by law to charge VAT (Value Added Tax) on many of our wide range of printed products, some products are exempt. Products like flyers, folded leaflets and brochures can be ordered without VAT under certain conditions.
FLYERS & FOLDED LEAFLETS
Most of flyers and folded leaflets are zero rated, unless they serve the following purpose:
- As a calendar
- To obtain admission to premises
- To obtain a discount on goods or services
- As reference material, or for completion or return
- With major areas for completion (filling form)
- If flyers are larger than A4 format
- The paper weight is 250gsm or more
BROCHURES & BOOKLETS
Brochures are zero rated, but there are some exceptions:
- Books of plans or drawings for industrial, architectural, engineering, commercial or similar purposes
- Completed picture card and stamp albums
- Products that are essentially stationery items, for example: diaries and address books
Please note: products in these product groups ordered with any lamination may not be VAT zero-rated, if they are intended to be kept. Office equipment, posters, cards and other products are completely standard rated. You can order your product with 0% VAT if the HMRC regulations apply. If you are a VAT registered company, you can claim your VAT back.